- What makes a coffee low acid?
- The acidity of the coffee is determined by the soil and elevation where it is grown. Generally speaking , the higher grown the coffee the more acidic the flavor. An acidic flavor might be described as citrusy and a low acidic flavor might be describe as more earthy. We do not do any additional processing to lower the acidity. We only roast naturally low acid coffees for our low acid coffee selections.
- What is the pH of your Mellow Belly Low Acid Blend?
The pH of our Mellow Belly is approximately 5.6. A typical cup of coffee has a pH of 4.5 to 5. Please keep in mind that the pH of your water affects the pH of the coffee. Also, keep in mind pH only tests one aspect of the flavor. A coffee can have a very smooth feel and not be low acid.
Sumatra 5.8 Mellow Belly 5.6 LAFR 6.02 Timor 5.1 Peru 5.4 Decaf MB 5.3 Sulawesi 5.3
- No, the caffeine content is the same as any other regular coffee and not affected by the acidity.
How many calories are in a cup of coffee?
According to the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture an 8oz. cup of black coffee has 2 calories.
A survey of other sources reveal some slight variation. Typically, figures range from 2 to
12 calories per cup.
- No, we use only Certified Organic Arabica coffee beans.
- Yes, depending on the decaf it is either Mexican Water Processed or Swiss Water Processed. No chemicals are used in the decaffeination process.